Monday, March 15, 2010

A Comparison

When I was 30 weeks pregnant with my first child:
I got an email from BabyCenter each week, which told me exactly how big the baby was and which milestones it had reached. Matt and I read and imagined with wonder.

Now, 30 weeks pregnant with my third child:
I'm aware that the baby has all his limbs, because he's using them to beat me up from the inside, and I know that he's somewhere between the size of an apple and a basketball.

When I was 30 weeks pregnant with my first child:
We had a first and middle name selected, and a fair amount of baby items with the name already embroidered on them.

Now, 30 weeks pregnant with my third child:
We have a list of 14 names that is growing, not narrowing.

When I was 30 weeks pregnant with my first child:
The nursery was almost complete, with cute stuffed animals in the chair and the crib bedding washed and on display.

Now, 30 weeks pregnant with my third child:
We are 98% sure the crib is in the attic, and 90% sure it will get brought down before the baby arrives.

When I was 30 weeks pregnant with my first child:
I eagerly anticipated doctor's appointments, writing each one on my calendar as soon as they were made.

Now, 30 weeks pregnant with my third child:
I try to remember to call Matt after the appointments to let him know that there is indeed still a baby in there. I also try to remember all the appointments.

When I was 30 weeks pregnant with my first child:
I had a catalog of photos of myself at various stages of pregnancy.

Now, 30 weeks pregnant with my third child:
Not a single photo yet. Oops.

When I was 30 weeks pregnant with my first child:
I was eating everything in sight and sleeping every minute that I could.

Now, 30 weeks pregnant with my third child:
Well, some things never change.

6 comments:

Cori said...

Last comparison...Priceless :o)

The Langhams said...

You made me laugh. :) Sooo funny.

Lacy said...

I can relate on almost all of those & this is only my second!!!

Sarah said...

I'm sure little what's-his-name will enjoy these stories someday.

Servant of the Most High said...

Hi,

Here's a blog that serves for your spiritual needs, and will surely be a blessing for you.

It has messages from the Holy Scriptures, taught by the Spirit of God.

These messages teach us how to have God in all the aspects of our lives and have God's rule over every matter :

www.holyoneofisrael-reconciliation.blogspot.com

Have a blessed reading and gladly write back if you need any prayer help.

God bless you and your family.

Surabhi said...

cool comparison :) well you should delete the posts by the time your 3rd baby is able to read and understand the biases :) LOL!

Wish you all the best with the delivery! take care!