Monday, July 23, 2007

There's no excuse

Oh, the shame, the shame. I feel so bad--even my precious great aunt Joyce wants to know why I haven't blogged in so long! I shall disappoint my fans no longer.

I would like to tell you that I have a good reason for not blogging much lately, but the truth of it is--I have just been lazy. I took two and a half weeks off of work to "get things done at home." Not much got done--doesn't it always work out like that? The break was welcome, nonetheless, but I am glad to be back in the groove of things now. So that you don't feel excluded, I will give you a brief glimpse into what AMEN has been up to:

- The kids are doing well. Abby is ready to begin her first attempt at an organized sport with soccer in just a few weeks. Her team's coach is, coincidentally, her father, so this should be a most interesting endeavor. It shall no doubt be the source of some fantastic blog posts. Ethan is learning new words daily, as well as how to take off his shoes, dive headfirst off the couch, and pin poor Annie (our dog) to the floor.

- Our friends Mandy and David have sold their Little Rock house and are finally heading for the hills. We've lived in different towns for so long, I can't imagine what it will be like getting to hang out whenever. Plus now, I can actually go WITH her to Gymboree to watch her do her magic.

- I have read the final Harry Potter book, and seen the fifth movie. Both were immensly satisfying. I know that some of you don't read HP, and to each his own, but I think the books make one of the best thought-out fiction stories I've ever read. That is one clever lady.

There is a pile of clothes that has conquered the laundry room and is threatening a hostile takeover of the kitchen, so I must go defend my home. Check back soon--I'm feeling inspired!

1 comment:

Outnumbered said...

I just have one question for you... who do I address the check for season tickets? We are "coming home!!!" School starts in just two weeks, and I am not sure who is the more excited member of our household. The drive is not going to be fun for this first part while I continue my career search, but at least the house is SOLD!!!!!