Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Elvis said to tell you all hello

Ahhh, Vegas.

I counted on the way home, and this was my 7th trip out to that oasis in the desert. I know, I probably don't seem the Vegas type. Let me tell you, though, I don't think there's a city I love more in the world. It's such a...spectacle. There is so much to see, and do, and eat.

Matt and I have been together 4 times, so we've both very hip on the happenings of Vegas. Okay, that's completely untrue, but we have seen most of the large hotels and have gotten over being tourists for the most part. The two highlights of our trip, by far, were going to Red Rock Canyon and the Gospel Brunch at the House of Blues.

We had been to Red Rock once before, on our second trip out there. It's stunningly beautiful, and absurdly fun to scramble over giant rocks. Below is an overabundance of photos of our day there this time.

The Gospel Brunch was a fantastic stroke of luck--I ran across an ad for it when we first got there, and immediately procured tickets. How could you NOT want to spend your Sunday morning going to a gospel show (with an all you can eat Southern buffet) in Las Vegas? Beats me. We had the time. of. our lives. We were shouting and waving and dancing with everyone else, and we were in the mild group, let me assure you. We even got to go up on stage since it was our anniversary (50 other people went up too, but whatever. It was one big party.) I have several video clups from this, but they are loud and not great quality, so I won't mess with putting them on here.

Many of you may be wondering, does Nancy gamble when she goes to Las Vegas? The answer is, of course, no. I just buy these little round plastic discs and play games with them.

Enjoy the pictures!












1 comment:

Patty said...

Looks like you guys had a great time. Love the canyon pictures. Someday I'll make it to Vegas.