Well. I'm pregnant.
You probably already knew that. But just in case you didn't, now you do! I haven't blogged in some time, because I've discovered that when I have something BIG to write about but I have to wait, I can't seem to make myself blog about something else like there's nothing going on--no impending BIG thing. But now I've told everyone that I know or can think of to tell, including the woman eyeing me in the buffet line while I heaped my plate at my friend's wedding this weekend (the baby NEEDED that artichoke dip). So now I'm free to blog!
Based on the reactions I've gotten from a majority of the people I've told, I feel I need to clear a few things up about baby #3:
1. It was, in fact, planned. We wanted another child. Yes, we have met Ethan. We still wanted another one.
2. This will be our last. I have had 2 c-sections. Doctors recommend a max of 3. I am not a rebel.
3. The baby is due in mid-May. Upside: the kids will be in school for the duration of my pregnancy. Downside: two weeks after the baby is born they'll be home for the summer. We're looking for residential summer camps in New England now.
4. I feel fine so far. Really tired and hungry every 10 minutes but otherwise fine. I had mild pregnancies with A&E, so here's hoping the trend continues.
5. We are fully aware that baby #3 messes up the whole AMEN acronym. It is being diligently and carefully considered.
6. Abby is conditinally thrilled that we are having a baby. The condition is that it be a girl. If it's a boy, she wants to give it away. Her girl name choice right now is Flower.
7. Ethan could not care less that we are having a baby. This will, I suspect, change when it arrives.
Did I answer all the burning questions? I assume you've spent every waking moment since discovering the news wondering these things. And don't even pretend that since you read #5 you haven't been trying to come up with a way to add a new letter in to AMEN and come up with a new and more clever word. It's okay. No one can help themselves.