It's a boy. OH, is it a boy. The ultrasound tech was in the middle of measuring the baby's head when he did a back flip and gave us an eyeful (the baby, not the ultrasound tech). Matt and I are really excited. Abby is getting there. Actually, she's not at all, but she will. She has to. Please LORD, let her get there.
Now we have the monumental task of choosing a name. Plenty of names out there to choose from. Except not. We have a few...challenges. And preferences. I am therefore soliciting the assistance of all 4 of my loyal blog readers. Below are the issues:
1. First off, I have given up on making any sense out of our initials, though if the name starts with A, M, E or N I guess that would be a bonus.
2. Our last name (which Matt won't allow me to say on here but it starts with a B and is one syllable and is also a common word) sounds funny with any names that start with a B, any names that are only 1 syllable, and any names that are also words. Which knocks out a LOT.
3. Abby and Ethan are both names that can't really be shortened, and I like that. Not totally committed to that, but I like it.
4. Matt will not stand for anything remotely "trendy". Ethan is cutting edge for him.
5. The middle name will likely be Matthew, so it should sound good with that.
6. It should kind of "go with" Abby and Ethan. This is hard to explain, but most people will know what I mean. We can't have Abby, Ethan and Frank, for example, because that just sounds strange. Also, it can't be too much like Ethan, so Evan and Easton are out. I get confused enough as it is.
7. There are lots of names I love that are not options because people we know or are related to have the audacity to already have that name. The nerve of some people.
I think that's it. I really need some ideas here. Help!!!
PS. If you came here from Facebook, please post here and NOT on Facebook, so I can keep track. You don't have to log in or anything.