Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Fine, fine

Here's the deal. I find (and I think any of you would agree) that I am at my blogging best when I am writing about the mundane, the unimportant, the irrelevant parts of life. Such is my lot in life--to focus on the worthless--and I am satisfied with it. Most of the time, this works beautifully for my blog, since there is a neverending stream of such things floating around in my head.

The glitch occurs when something important is going on. Big important things feel too monumental for me to write about, so I put it off. However, I feel like until I write about the big important stuff, I can't go and write about dumb stuff. So I procrastinate, and pretty soon it's been a month and I have people yelling at me and sending me smarty pants text messages (you know who you are) for being a poor blogger.

All right already! Here you go. BIG IMPORTANT THING: Matt and I are part of a group of people that started a new church in Springdale. It's called The Harbor. The experience has been a tremendous blessing. We've had two services so far, and both have been so much fun I can't believe I get to count them as "going to church." It's only going to get better, too. We have been running around like crazy people getting everything set up and in order, but we've had a ball. I can't wait to see what's in store for us.

Ahhhh. That's better. I covered the basics, but if you'd like details I'm happy to give them to you--just ask. Meanwhile, to make up for lost time, I promise to blog EVERY DAY from now until this coming Sunday, and which point Matt and I are escaping to Vegas for one last vacation before baby #3 (still unnamed--I don't want to talk about it) makes his appearance. So get ready! The mundane has been building up all this time, and it's ready to be unleashed!

PS. Spammers have found my little blog and have been sending bizarre comments in other languages. To stop this, comments will now require word verification, which is where you have to type the word you see in the funny font. I know this adds an extra 3 seconds to your committment, but I believe in you. You can handle it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's about time...

Matt said...

It's about time... And - I resent the word verification thing. Those extra three seconds cost me $0.04 at my billable rate... That adds up!

Aidan and Zachary said...

I am so glad you can blog again. Missed your rantings about nothing!

Sarah said...

WELCOME BACK! You should tell those people sending you smarty pants text messages to mind their own smarty pants business. Or I could tell them for you. In the mirror. :) Glad you're back. And glad we've been able to share in your big, important "something" the last few weeks.