Saturday, April 3, 2010

Things That Happened at Wal Mart Today That Should NOT have Happened

1. They were out of plastic Easter eggs. On the day before Easter. Smooth move, store purchasers.

2. The wonderful woman who took my sandwich tray order over the phone this morning also retrieved my order for me when I got there. Only she was a man named Collin. He didn't seem perturbed by the fact that I had called him ma'am at least 5 times on the phone, but I'm a little nervous to eat the turkey all the same.

3. Four employees were stocking the bread aisle, creating a massive bottleneck. At 2:00 on a Saturday afternoon, the day before a major holiday. I think the stock managers are competing with the purchasers for some sort of inefficiency award.

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

I didn't think I was going to be able to find chocolate bunnies today. I had bought some last week, and decided to hide them in the van - like it's not getting up into the 80s now. They collapsed, and I thought that might kind of traumatize my kids, so I went to find more and they were almost out of everything Easter-related.

Anonymous said...

Wow! That is so unprofessinal! Check out my blog: www.aimsmakeupforever.blogspot­.com! and be sure to comment!

Mama Mote said...

Just stumbled on your blog. Funny about WalMart. And your family looks sweet. God bless you with your next little one.

Purple Cow said...

Maybe he thought you were saying "man" not "ma'am"

Katey said...

I would just like to point out that it is not Walmart's fault you waited till the last minute to buy the easter eggs maybe you should plan ahead, and have a little compassion for those who had to work that holiday weekend to fill that bread isle so you could enjoy your weekend at home

Melanie said...

I hate slip ups like that. I once asked the secretary in our financial advisor's office when her baby was due, and she wasn't pregnant. Inside I was mortified, but i acted like "oh, ok...so who do i make this check out to?" The best thing is to move on as quickly as possible, as if the slip up was no big deal; then call someone immediately to talk about it! (In my defense, she wasn't just chubby; at one point she actually pulled up her blouse exposing a bit of her tummy to scratch it...and you know how good it feels to do that when you're pregnant!)