1. There's not nearly as much laundry to be done since no one's getting out of their pajamas.
2. It takes so much less to make people happy now--45 degrees and partly cloudy would be met with rejoicing in the streets.
3. Think of all the gas money being saved when you don't drive for 8 days.
4. If you haven't taken your outdoor Christmas lights down/trimmed your hedges/cleaned up your yard lately, no one knows! The snow has provided you with a thorough disguise.
5. Since the snow has trapped you at home with nothing to do, you have plenty of time to post status updates on Facebook about how you're stuck at home with nothing to do.