Monday, May 21, 2007

Shame is my name

Boy, have I been an irresponsible blogger lately! I am ashamed. I know my fans must be disappointed. I apologize sincerely and beg your forgiveness.

A few major updates for you:

-My friend Melanie is pregnant! Melanie and I, along with our other chum Mandy, have known each other since 7th grade. We have seen each other through some bad hairstyles, bad teachers, and REALLY bad boyfriends. But all of us have ended up okay! Mel has been waiting a while to jump on the baby bandwagon, and I couldn't be happier for her. She is one of those people that was born a mama, so she will be a natural.

-My grandmother turns 80 next week! We are all headed to Little Rock to see her this weekend. She's the coolest 80 year old I know, that's for sure.

-My mom is now over 1 month smoke free! She's doing so well. I'm still in awe of that achievement.

-Last week I cleaned my office and desk, and it is neater and more organized than it has ever been, since I started working here. This may not be major for you, but TRUST me, this is a big accomplishment for me.

I am going to try really, really, really hard to post every day this week. I think I can do it! Do you?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

80 is the new 50!!! Or it looks that way to me anyway. I can't believe my Mother will be 80 years old next week. She can't be 80 when I'm only 20 or so...it seems. We'll have a great party for her and she'll have a great time at her 50th! It has been 7 weeks with no smoking for me and about 1 week with no drugs to help me stop smoking. I can't say it's been easy, but most of the time I do like a good challenge. I do admit that the last week has been extremely difficult without the medicine...but I chose not to take it anymore. Nothing like going from 1 addiction to another....I have almost smoked several times and I'm not sure what has kept me from it, but I have'nt...but this is a new week and who knows what will happen. I still keep a pack in my purse, just in case. I feel like I'm always 1 reach into my purse away from smoking. Having said that they could be anywhere and I'd find one when I wanted one......will you blog every day this week? I say you'll try!!! Love you! Mom

Anonymous said...

My mom and dad both have always smoked along with the rest of my family...exept me! My mom recently quit too about a month ago. She was taking Chantex (?) and is off that now. I know how you feel. She has tried everything and I am so proud of her!
Michelle

Anonymous said...

It is a busy week, Nancy. Don't overdo it.
-Logan