Friday, May 16, 2008

Hello, baby!

I hate that I don't have photos to go along with this post, but it's been two days and I have neglected to give a big blog congratulations to our friends Marla and Chad, who welcomed their third daughter, Ailey Elizabeth, into the world Wednesday afternoon. Marla is, by all accounts, a veteran rock star in the delivery room, and though Audrey and Avery both weighed almost 9 1/2 pounds, Ailey was a petite by comparison 8' 15". She is lovely and tiny, and Matt and I look forward to hogging her when we visit them. The ladies in the church nursery are practically salivating, they are so ready to get their hands on a newborn.

Any time one of my friends has a baby, I get really excited, and it always makes everyone wiggle their eyebrows at me and say some version of, "So! Does this mean you're ready for another one?"

Define ready. I would love to have another baby, and we definitely hope to expand our family at some point. I'm emotionally ready. However, we are not financially, spatially, physically or mentally ready just yet, so we're going to hold off for a while. Fortunately for us we have great friends like Marla that have babies for us to play with in the meantime!

No comments: