In case you missed my earth-shattering announcement on Facebook, I have signed up to attend a fitness boot camp starting June 8. The camp is one hour per day, 4 days per week, for 4 weeks. At 5:30 AM. Yeah.
I have a few friends who have signed up to suffer with me, and I am actually looking forward to it in a self-harming kinda way. I keep telling myself that discipline is good, health is good. I then keep screaming back at myself, NO! SLEEP is good!
I have had plenty of people tell me that I will hate it and it will be awful. However, I think there are quite a few silver linings to be found on the (large, ominous and exhausting) cloud. May I present:
Good Things About Going to Fitness Boot Camp
1. I'll be able to do cool stuff after I'm done, like go through obstacle courses. Which I have the opportunity to do all the time.
2. When I'm on my way home at 6:40 AM, I can yell "Lazy Bum!" out my car window to the "early morning" joggers.
3. When Ethan climbs on top of the refrigerator I can get him down with one hand.
4. I will have radically increased coolness points. "Boot camp? Yeah, I've been. Not much of a challenge, but it kept me from getting bored."
5. I'll have an excuse to go to bed at 8:00.
6. I get to buy a darling little exercise mat and cute little weights.
7. It will keep my mind off the fact that I have a kid GOING INTO THE FIRST GRADE.
I'm sure there are lots of other great things about a month of fitness boot camp. Right? Right?