Thursday, May 28, 2009

On the bright side

In case you missed my earth-shattering announcement on Facebook, I have signed up to attend a fitness boot camp starting June 8. The camp is one hour per day, 4 days per week, for 4 weeks. At 5:30 AM. Yeah.

I have a few friends who have signed up to suffer with me, and I am actually looking forward to it in a self-harming kinda way. I keep telling myself that discipline is good, health is good. I then keep screaming back at myself, NO! SLEEP is good!

I have had plenty of people tell me that I will hate it and it will be awful. However, I think there are quite a few silver linings to be found on the (large, ominous and exhausting) cloud. May I present:

Good Things About Going to Fitness Boot Camp

1. I'll be able to do cool stuff after I'm done, like go through obstacle courses. Which I have the opportunity to do all the time.

2. When I'm on my way home at 6:40 AM, I can yell "Lazy Bum!" out my car window to the "early morning" joggers.

3. When Ethan climbs on top of the refrigerator I can get him down with one hand.

4. I will have radically increased coolness points. "Boot camp? Yeah, I've been. Not much of a challenge, but it kept me from getting bored."

5. I'll have an excuse to go to bed at 8:00.

6. I get to buy a darling little exercise mat and cute little weights.

7. It will keep my mind off the fact that I have a kid GOING INTO THE FIRST GRADE.

I'm sure there are lots of other great things about a month of fitness boot camp. Right? Right?

6 comments:

Aidan and Zachary said...

Don't get too excited. There aren't many things more annoying than those people who go through a tai bo video and come out thinking they are ready to kick everyone's butt. Of course, after your show down with the skate boarder, you might just feel that way even without the workout. Jake

Sarah said...

I am exhausted for you. Already.

Anonymous said...

I plan on being in bed by 8:00 every night too -- yay!

E

Cameron Magee said...

BAHAHAHA. 5:30am is crazy early, but you're right, discipline is good, discipline is healthy, and nothing beats screaming at innocent joggers at 6:40am. LOL

Alice said...

You GO girl! I expect to see pics!

Matt said...

Okay - remember how I offered to babysit for free while you went to your bootcamp? That was before I knew it was at 5:30 in the morning. So - since you have yet to accept my offer, I hereby rescind. No valid contract may now be entered into. :o)