Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Out of the mouths of punks

I don't have normal conversations with my kids. Maybe some people do, but not me. I offer you two examples that occured within the last 36 hours:

Yesterday morning:

Ethan: Mommy, look at my boo boo! Shows me an old scrape on his elbow.

Me: Wow Ethan, that looks good!

Ethan: No, it doesn't look good! It looks crappy!

Crappy? Really?



Today, on the way to the swimming pool:

Abby: I hope I get to dive today.

Me: Sorry honey, but you won't be able to. You still can't swim quite good enough.

Abby: I can't believe you won't let me follow my dream.

Me: WHAT?!

Abby: You won't let me follow my dream to dive!

Me: Abby, when we talk about following our dreams, it's about big stuff, like what we want to be when we grow up or places we want to see.

Abby: Well, I want to be a professional diver when I grow up, and I want to travel around the world diving. See?

Me: You-it's-you're not- GRRRRR.

Abby: Smirk.

Clever little punks.

6 comments:

Sarah said...

How dare you stand in her way like that? *scoff!*

Anonymous said...

I take full responsiblity for "crappy"...I'm sure I've said that a time or two without thinking...sorry! Abby's wit is just too funny!---Renee'

Matt said...

Have I mentioned lately how much I love your kids? And how glad I am that they are YOUR kids?! :o)

Aidan and Zachary said...

Very creative kids-just like their Mom.

LindaM said...

I beleive the saying goes: "You reap what you sow" Does that mean anything to you?! I remember you as a sweet, small, way too intelligent little girl, for her own good, who would do the same thing to me! Back at you SISTER!! And there is more to come! ENJOY!

Cori said...

Crappy... Seriously?!?! He did try to throw something in our trash can the other day and missed.. Out of his mouth came, "Oh, bummer..." I thought that was funny!