Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Hot and Cold

I LOVE this time of year. A majority of my favorite college memories happened in the fall, and working on campus this time of year brings me right back to the glory days. Plus, it's such a great season. Football, cooler temperatures, pumpkins and hayrides, football...it's wonderful!

The one thing that I'm not totally crazy about is NWA's weather schizophrenia. We've already experienced a couple of these bipolar days, and there are surely more to come. I am talking about the days that you wake up to frost on your car and your breath visible in front of you, but by noon it's 90 degrees and climbing. There is no way, absolutely no way, to dress appropriately for this. Either you freeze in the morning or melt in the afternoon. I suppose it's a small price to pay to live here, though.

Speaking of fall-esque things, our pumpkin patch is growing like crazy. We cut off the big pumpkin I posted about earlier and one other that's medium sized but perfectly shaped. There are at least 5 new ones growing now. (!) It's very cool, bordering on very out of control.

I'm off to teach my class, comprised of 30 freshmen who don't need a teacher because they already know everything. Ah, the glory days.

No comments: