Friday, September 7, 2007

A change will do me good...I hope

I did it! I got my hair cut. Take a look:




I'm pretty happy with it. I've never had my hair cut any way other than one length, even when it was curly. It took me a while to get up the nerve to do this, but I figured I only live once! I'm getting used to it slowly. It requires more product and more primping, but I'm up for it. I won't lie--I was freaking out in the chair while she was cutting. I was certain I looked like I had a giant mushroom on my head. If you think I really do look like I have a giant mushroom on my head, please keep that thought to yourself--I can't handle it right now. It's actually supposed to be a little fuller and poufy-er than it is in this picture, but I have to ease into that business slowly.

Enough about my hair. Last week, Abby was the "Star of the Week" in her pre-K class. This meant that she got to bring her favorite book to class to read (Green Eggs and Ham) and her favorite snack for the class to eat (fruit roll ups). She also got to bring pictures of herself and her family for a display. She was so proud of that thing! I took her picture with the display:


It's another busy weekend for us. I have a wedding, Abby has a soccer game, and we're going to watch my cousin Kenneth play football tonight. His high school is playing Fayetteville HS tonight. I was 15 when Kenneth was born, and doted on him a LOT while he was a kid. Now he's 16 and would be appalled if I spoke to him in public, let alone at the football game. Nonetheless, it will be good to see his parents and sister, and cheer him on from afar. We're taking Abby, who is so incredibly excited about going to a football game despite having no idea what happens at one that I feel sure she's in for some disappointment. Ethan is going to stay home with one of our wonderful babysitters, Laura, who I warned to get plenty of rest in advance, because that boy can wear a person out. I have never seen someone so small run so fast.

Enough for now--I have to go stare at my hair in the mirror and decide if I like it this hour or not. Happy weekend!



9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE YOUR HAIR! IT LOOKS SO WONDERFUL! YOU LOOK SO MUCH THINNER (IMAGINE THAT! I'M SO PROUD OF YOU!) AND YOU LOOK VERY.......WONDRFUL! WHAT DID THE KIDS THINK? AND MATT? ONCE YOU GET USE TO IT, YOU'LL NEVER CHANGE IT! YOU LOOK VERY PROFESSIONAL AND WITH THAT SKINNY NEW BODY YOUR SPORTING NOW DAYS, I'M SEEING A RUNWAY IN YOUR FUTURE! HAVE FUN AT THE GAME TONIGHT- GIVE THE KIDS A KISS AND HUG FOR ME! LOVE, LINDA

Alice said...

Wow...your hair looks great!!! I agree with Linda, it looks very professional and it is very slimming.

Enjoy your new look and have a fantastic weekend.

Anonymous said...

I love your new Look! It's very professional and "hip" if that's correct these days. Anyway I love it!!! And Abby is the star of the week! How great is that? The first week of school! Yahoo! She looks very proud! I'm proud of her! 2 very beautiful girls! Love you both!
Mom

Anonymous said...

Love it -- great choice!

Erin

Anonymous said...

Cute cut! Don't worry...you'll get used to it! Remember, layers are your friend...I highly recommend them. and you look so thin too! :) Can't wait to see you at the end of the month!

Melanie

Anonymous said...

Hey Nancy! I love your haircut!! I never thought of you with short hair - it's very becoming! Abby and Hannah need to get together for a Soccer conversation -

Outnumbered said...

So much for thinking we might grab a celebratory dinner together!! :-)

Hey, I LIVE up here now... so maybe later during the week. Wow, what a concept!!

Nice new look!

Stephanie said...

Oh my sweet goodness...you are BEAUTIFUL. A goddess really...well if I believed in that stuff. I cannot begin to tell you how much I love it. I am so proud of you! It matches you beautiful, spunky (fun) personality. I really LOVE it!

Anonymous said...

I do love the hair! Someday I hope to be so brave! Maybe when the ponytail is not a necesity anymore. You look great! See you in next weekend!
Patty