Friday, January 12, 2007

Archived: Did someone say Taboo?

Original Post Date: December 12, 2006
I have gotten some heat from certain people for not blogging in the last few days. My fans await, and I shall deliver.
We had a nice weekend. Saturday night, Matt and I went to a Christmas party at the home of one of his coworkers. I had never met any of the people at the party, which are basically all of the people Matt work with and their spouses. A lesser woman would sit in the corner and wait for the evening to end. Not moi. I was in the thick of it in no time. We had been there for about 45 minutes when someone said, “Hey, let’s play Taboo.” I had to keep myself from laughing out loud. I am the master champion at Taboo. I have never been on a losing team. I decided to keep quiet about my prowess and let it reveal itself in good time. And reveal it did. I rocked the house, and the girls won the game by a landslide. Thanks to some sassy smack talking on my part, the guys thought I was a riot. I don’t think it’s a stretch to say I was the hit of the party. I cannot imagine what all those people thought sweet, quiet Matt’s wife would be like, but I bet they didn’t imagine me!

No comments: