Friday, January 12, 2007

Archived: Rain, Rain, Don't even THINK about it!

Original Post Date: September 21, 2006
After 24 hours of having no car, I am finally on the road again, in a sweet 2007 Chevy Equinox. It's crazy tricked out, and I'll have it just long enough to get used to it, then have to go back to my car. Ah well, those are the breaks. Or, the brakes--something the girl behind me obviously was NOT familiar with.
Abby is, as predicted, loving telling everyone the story of our accident. It's hysterical, because she does it in that tone where every sentence sounds like a question. "My mommy and I? Were driving home? And it was dark? And we were in the road? And this girl? She CRASHED US!"
Rain is in the forecast all weekend. Greeaaat. I only have an outdoor party and a football game outside--that means no more than 12, 13 hours of being soaked. That's okay, though--I shall perservere. I'm really excited about the game, and have been picking up rocks on the side of the road for a few days now in preparation. I'm about to go on a shopping expedition to get all the supplies for the party I'm coordinating tomorrow evening. This evening, I'm going over to my friend Kristen's house (she's actually the one throwing the party) to watch Survivor and Grey's Anatomy in her home theater. Jeff Probst and Dr. McDreamy on the big screen--bring it ON! (Love ya, honey!)

No comments: