Friday, January 12, 2007

Archived: Sleep? Who needs Sleep?

Original Post Date: September 5, 2006
It was a busy Labor Day weekend for me! Saturday was the big USC game. We had a great time despite the unfortunate finish--however, being the optimist that I am, I believe the team showed great promise once MM took the helm. I can't wait to see the rest of the season unfold. The atmosphere was great, though our seats are positioned in the section of the stadium that has the highest concentration of schmucks that I have ever seen in one place. Seriously, between the guy in front of us sending dirty text messages to his girlfriend while ignoring his two sons, and the drunk couple behind us who frequently spilled while passing their vodka to each other OVER THEIR KIDS, it was quite a freak show.

Sunday was the big Quinceanera that I have been planning for 9 months. I worked all day at the reception site, which shall remained unnammed in case by some remote chance anyone ever reads this that works there and has a lawyer. It's my least favorite place to do receptions, because it's ridiculously expensive, and the service is horrible That said, the ballroom looked fantastic when we were done with it, thanks in large part to Festivities, who did most of the large scale decorating. The whole night was fantastic. My friend Autumn and my sister in law Renee helped me, and none of us wanted to leave--we stayed late just to watch the 15 year olds have the time of their lives.

Monday was our 7 year wedding anniversary! Since it was Labor Day and we were off work, my sweet husband sent me a dozen red roses to work on Friday, which made my day. Then we went out Monday night to dinner and a movie. The best part was that Matt planned it all--he even hired the babysitter! Sadly, he is in the thick of a bad cold, as are the kids. I am the only one that's healthy, which is ironic since I got no rest this weekend. I've probably got it coming to me. That's okay, though--I can cheer for MM with a stuffy nose!

No comments: