Friday, January 12, 2007

Archived: It's what Pretty Princesses Do!

Original Post Date: September 11, 2006
Yesterday was a quiet Sunday and Matt and I are nursing colds, so I took advantage of a rare quiet moment (okay, hour) and take a nap. I woke up to the sound of the bedroom door being shoved open, and shoes clomping across the floor. I opened my eyes, and a VERY glammed up Abby stood in front of me. She wore purple play high heels, a skirt and striped shirt, beads, a bright pink boa, 4 or 5 barrettes, an electric purple waistlength wig, blue sunglasses, and a LOT of lip gloss. Here's the conversation we had:
Abby: It's time to wake up, Mommy!
Me: Are you wearing lip gloss?
Abby: Yes.
Me: Did you ask before you put lipgloss on?
Abby: (Diva-ish sigh) No, mommy, it's what pretty princesses do!
Then she walked off. Clomp, clomp, clomp.
What do you say to that? It IS what pretty princesses do, and if ever anyone qualified to be a pretty princess, it's Miss Abby.

I'll post a link to pictures of Her Highness soon, so check back!

No comments: